Thursday

Snowflakes? No, not really...

This is my dad's car, and about as close to snow as I've seen all year. (haha, all 18 days of it)




Ok, here's some more thoughts... this is the verse I had yesterday I think but I want to highlight a different part this time:
Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech: "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour our my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you."
---Proverbs 1:20-23
God says he will pour out his spirit on the person who asks and seeks Him with all their heart. That is a promise! No one is ever too far gone that they can't be saved. We need to seek wisdom at all times.
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
---Proverbs 2:1-5
One thing that is important to remember though is that we cannot do any of this on our own, If you lean our your own strength you will fail. We cannot do anything or accomplish anything without God, without leaning on Him and having absolute faith in his plan.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
---Proverbs 3:5
What an amazing God we serve! To know that we can have total faith in Him and his plan and to know that all we have to do is ask for wisdom and he provides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

Kate said...

but true =)