Wednesday

"leave the world in wonder"

“It would be crazy to choose this world over eternity…” Think about it, what is the end result in choosing the world? Everyone is faced with this choice but I was just thinking, this choice can be especially hard for graduating seniors. Most of us are about to turn 18, (or in my case 17) and we are about to released into the world. But there’s something we have to realize, being 18 and done with school doesn’t automatically make you mature or wise. It also doesn’t give you the right to make stupid decisions and mistakes, when you become an adult it’s a chance to grow in maturity. We still need our parents and teachers for help; they are still wiser than us. A lot of people can make the mistake of thinking that they can plant one foot in the kingdom of God and one foot in the world. They try to find the middle and compromise when they can. This does not and cannot work! We have to plant both feet firmly in God’s kingdom, this is the only way to experience real joy and growth in wisdom.

Proverbs 1:20-23 says:
Wisdom cries aloud in the street, in the markets she raises her voice; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks: “How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words kown to you.”


We should start off adulthood believing in God and with a fresh desire to seek him and to learn from the people he has placed around us. We don’t have to go searching for something to fulfill us and give us joy, its right in front of us and all we have to do is ask for it. Wisdom comes from God, true joy comes from God and only from God.

Now I have a peace
I've never known before
I find myself complete
My heart is spoken for
Take this world from me
I don't need it anymore
I'm finally free
I'm spoken for

---mercyme

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like MercyMe...