Monday

significance of life

Today is Bible... its 9:30 and I'm already done! It was a short chapter but still good. Today I read chapter 11 : The Creation of Man. Here's a passage that stuck out to me:

"Why was man created?
1. God did not need to create man, yet he created us for his own glory. In the discussion of God's independence in chapter 5, we noted several Scripture passages that teach that God does not need us or the rest of creation for anything, yet we and the rest of creation glorify him and bring him joy. Since there was perfect love and fellowship among members of the Trinity for all eternity (John 17:5,24), God did not create us because he was lonely or because he needed fellowship with another persons - God did not need us for any reason.
Nevertheless, God created us for his own glory. In our treatment of God's independence, we noted that he speaks of his sons and daughters from the of the earth as those 'whom I created for my glory' (Isa. 43:7; cf. Eph. 1:11-12). Therefore we are to 'do all to the glory of God' (1 Cor. 10:31).
This fact guarantees that our lives are significant. When we first realize that God did not need to create us and does not need us for anything, we could conclude that our lives have no importance at all. But Scripture tells us that we were created to glorify God, indicating that we are important to God himself. This is the final definition of genuine importance or significance to our lives: If we are truly important to God for all eternity, then what greater measure of importance or significance could we want?"
-Bible Doctrine (Wayne Grudem)

This is such an encouraging passage! To think that God did not need us but created us anyway and that he loves us like sons and daughters!

Well, since I'm kinda done school for today I think I will try to do some sort of photo shoot with my little sister. I've been wanting to do it for a while I just haven't had the time.

No comments: