Monday

I can't think of a title

The Senior High Banquet was so amazing! It was wonderful to reflect on the past year and to see all the ways that God has blessed us as a youth ministry.I'm also so grateful for my parents and their faithful encouragement and correction in my life. They truly are the best parents ever! I'm so happy for Bryce and Emily too! They are definitely two of the most godly people in our youth ministry and they so deserved to be honored for their trust in God. After the banquet my sister, some of our friends, and I went to see Night at the Museum, it was so funny! We didn't change into normal clothes so we got weird looks from people but it was worth it!
I do have a slide show for the banquet and Kelley's baby shower but my computer isn't letting me post them, hopefully I'll have them up soon!
Speaking of Josh and Kelley, please pray for them :) They are still readjusting to having Keara home although Kelley told me God is giving them so much grace to handle it. Isn't God great?

From my devotions:

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you."
---Titus 2:11-15

Today in Bible Doctrine I started chapter 9 which is the doctrine of prayer. What an encouraging chapter! To know that we can approach God in faith that he will do whats best for us, that we can approach him as children and as the people he loves.

-"God wants us to pray because prayer expresses our trust in God and is a means whereby our trust in him can increase." (p158)

"Whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith." (Matt. 21:22, Mark 11:24, James 1:6-8, 5:14-15)

-"...Assured faith will often come when we ask God for something and then quietly wait before him for an answer." (p164)

Isn't it a beautiful day today?!?! I love being able to sit in our tree house and work on school, although the dogs decided it would be fun to join me and then proceeded to get mud everywhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

meeting with God IS the best way to start the day :)