Wednesday

Last Math Class

Fall is here, hear the yell
back to school, ring the bell

brand new shoes, walking blues
climb the fence, books and pens
I can tell that were going to be friends

Walk with me, Suzy Lee
through the park and by the tree

we will rest upon the ground
and look at all the bugs we found

then safely walk to school
without a sound

Well here we are, no one else
we walked to school all by ourselves


theres dirt on our uniforms
from chasing all the ants and worms

we clean up and now its time to learn
Numbers, letters, learn to spell
nouns, and books, and show and tell

at playtime we will throw the ball
back to class, through the hall
teacher marks our height
against the wall

And we dont notice any time pass
we dont notice anything
we sit side by side in every class

teacher thinks that I sound funny
but she likes the way you sing

Tonight Ill dream while in my bed

when silly thoughts go through my head
about the bugs and alphabet

and when I wake tomorrow Ill bet
that you and I will walk together again cause I can tell that were going to be friends

We're Going to be Friends - Jack Johnson

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh!
So dangerous!
Was Josh actually wearing a pink shirt?

Catherine will get really mad if she sees that!

A guy in our writing class wore a pink shirt and she got all over him(telling him NEVER to wear pink.) She even threatened that for a persuasive essay her topic would be "Why Guys Should Not Wear Pink"

I thought that was pretty funny!

Anyway great pictures! I love the dog.

Anonymous said...

Some guys can pull off pink it was the rage when I was in England.

Kate said...

welllll... we won't discuss the guys in england ;)

but yes.. some guys can pull off pink, josh included

Anonymous said...

Ok british guys are...well yeah okay :) haha